The PFCS will be an effective agent for:
- the appreciation and popularization of chemistry,
- advocacy in national issues and concerns involving the chemical sciences,
- the promotion of excellence in chemical research,
- the improvement of competence in chemistry
- the protection of the interests of the chemistry profession.
The PFCS envisions itself to be a cohesive and proactive organization for the promotion, advancement, and application of science and technology that is responsive to the needs of society.