Nominations for membership in the ICP board are now open. Three board members, one representative each from the industry, government and academe will be elected to serve a three-year term (2013-2016). Members of the board are expected to reguarly attend meetings of the ICP and actively participate in the activities geared towards achieving the objectives of the ICP as follows.
- Support the implementation of Chemistry Law and the Code of Ethics for Chemists;
- Represent the chemistry professionals in the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC);
- Support the Board of Chemistry in the implementation of the Chemistry Law and the strengthening of the Chemistry profession;
- Represent the chemistry profession in government agencies, such as the Legislature, Departments under the Executive Branch, the Philippine National Police, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, and others;
- Implement continuing professional education (CPE) for the chemistry profession and to encourage a continuing program of activities leading towards upgrading of standards, such as accreditation of chemical laboratories;
- Safeguard the professional interests of its members, including their working conditions and safety, to promote the environmentally-sound use of chemicals and chemical processes, and to raise the competence and capabilities of chemists;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of chemistry education and training in the Philippines by working with relevant institutions in the government sector, such as the Commission of Higher Education (CHED), the Department of Education (DepEd), and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), private sector, non-governemnt organizations, and the academe;
- Provide a forum for its members to discuss concerns affecting the country in general and the chemistry profession in particular; to disseminate information on chemistry-related issues. To this end, the ICP will encourage the formation of regional chapters under the national organization;
- Cultivate discipline and the spirit of camaraderie among the members, and maintain the highest professional standards;
- Represent the chemistry community in matters related to the professional and industrial practice of chemistry both locally and internationally;
- Collaborate with other chemistry societies, academic, industry and government institutions and other professional organizations which seek to achieve the same objectives as the ICP; and
- Undertake other activities which are consistent with these objectives.
Any regular ICP member in good standing* may be nominated. Please fill up the attached nomination form and send it to us (email@example.com) by June 1, 2013. Kindly verify your nominee’s membership status and notify him/her about your intent. We will directly communicate with the qualified nominees and ask for their consent. Election will be done online. We will send you the mechanics once we have finalized the list of candidates.
*Members in Good standing: Any member who has paid his membership dues and such other assessment authorized by the Board of Directors, plus surcharges owing thereon, and who is not under suspension from the practice of chemistry in the Philippines or from any of the membership priviledges, is a member in good standing.
Download the nomination form here.